Title: Experienced Electrical Project Engineer (Columbus, MS)
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our people are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
This position supportsWeyerhaeuser's Cellulose Fibersbusiness inColumbus, Mississippi. As one of the largest softwood pulp producers in the world, this location produces bleached softwood pulp for use in paper and specialty products such as absorbent personal care products, pharmaceuticals, and photographic-based papers. Weyerhaeuser's cellulose fiber manufacturing facilities are located across the United States and Canada.
We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where individuals can flourish, where diversity is encouraged, and where community is supported. We provide an excellent total compensation package including a health plan, 401(k), company-paid pension, incentive plan, paid holidays, vacation, disability, and life insurance.
Discover a career you can be proud of….at Weyerhaeuser.
We have an immediate opening for anExperienced Electrical Engineer. This position provides electrical design support to the project engineering team and manages capital and major maintenance projects to support new and existing processes, to address process efficiency improvements and optimization, process variability reduction, equipment reliability improvements and compliance with environmental and safety requirements. Position responsibility includes all aspects of project management: scope development, estimating, planning, design, prioritization, scheduling, implementation/construction management, and budget management.
We're looking for an experienced person, someone who has excellent leadership skills and could be considered an individual capable of assuming a number of important departmental and functional leadership positions in the Company. May progress up a technical and/or management ladder as performance and talent dictate.
The successful candidate will promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence. They will have a desire and ability to work as a team player in a continuous process industry.
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Similar Electrical Engineering Field
* Minimum of 2 years electrical engineering experience
* Strong communication (oral and written), team building, and interpersonal skills
* Strong technical foundation in electrical engineering
* Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
* High level of initiative and motivation
* Excellent planning and organization skills
* Able to excel with minimum supervision
* Desire to aggressively learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills
* 5 years electrical engineering experience
* Experience in the Pulp and Paper Industry
* Proficiency with AutoCAD
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building a capable, committed, and diverse workforce.
Engineering, Science, & Architecture