Title: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for leadership of the Natchitoches ELP production team to ensure excellence in achieving quality and production goals, with safety of associates being the highest priority. This individual is responsible for leading & mentoring the professional development of direct reports, strategic planning activities, promoting teamwork with all shifts and departments, and continuous improvement activities. In addition, the Operations Manager participates and/or leads initiatives for capital projects and problem solving activities. This position reports to the Unit Manager and is a member of the Unit Lead Team.
* Role model all standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity, fairness, & creating a positive inclusive work environment.
* Lead the site in developing, implementing, managing and enforcing safety policies, procedures, practices, and projects.
* Provide leadership for the ongoing development of the organization, as well as the strategic development of individual talent for succession planning.
* Optimize area of responsibility to include production scheduling, value extraction of product mix and asset utilization.
* Ensure cost control & improve production and inventory costs.
* Provide support and leadership in area of process reliability.
* Promote & make recommendations for continuous improvement & innovation.
* Manage performance of direct reports by setting goals & ensuring accountability of site and business expectations.
* Ensure compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* Effectively manage budgets, including capital planning, while contributing to controllable margin and optimizing financial levers.
* Facilitate implementation of goals and objectives and achieve buy-in and support.
* Maintain long-term big picture view to forecast obstacles and opportunities.
* Contribute toward strategic planning process to include providing input, direction and solutions to issues.
* Interface with and establish positive relationships with operations and maintenance personnel
* Serve as back-up for the Unit Manager as needed.
* Own and/or contribute to other mill functions, such as safety or environmental initiatives.
About our Wood Products Business
We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
For more than a century, Weyerhaeuser has grown and harvested trees to make innovative products that meet important human needs. We’re serious about safety, focused on performance and proud of what we do. In every corner of our company, you’ll find talented people who care about each other, the communities where we operate, and the planet we all share.
Natchitoches is located in an area of Louisiana that is close to several lakes which are known for their recreational benefits, Toledo Bend Reservoir, Sibley Lake, and Cane River Lake are all located close. Candidates will have the ability to reside in several towns located near the site. Pineville, Alexandria, Winnfield Many, Zwolle, and Mansfield Louisiana are all located within driving distance to the site. Relocation for the position will be available. Weyerhaeuser has a very competitive benefits and compensation package.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum of 7 years manufacturing and/or industrial experience.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisor or management role.
* Must be able to lead and ensure compliance with safety initiatives.
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
* Ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to lead people and promote teamwork.
* Excellent work ethic with initiative to get things done with minimal supervision.
* Willingness to support a 24/7 operating environment, which may include weekend and holiday support as conditions require.
* Good judgment and decision-making skills.
* Experienced in root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrated success in achieving and sustaining business & unit goals.
* Strong financial acumen skills with experience in the development and management of budgets.
* Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other windows based programs.
* Ability to perform physical requirements of working in an industrial environment, such as climbing stairs and working in extreme heat and cold.
The following qualifications are preferred:
* Experience in wood products manufacturing (Engineered Lumber Products, OSB or Lumber).
* Bachelor's degree in related field.
* Technical school diplomas.
* Application and knowledge of LEAN manufacturing tools.
* Experience with Maximo and/or SAP.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverseworkforce.
Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction