Weyerhaeuser Operations Forester - Road Maintenance in AB, Canada
As the successful candidate, your initial role will be that of an Operations Forester responsible for managing road maintenance activities as well as working as a member of the Grande Prairie Timberlands operations team. Your time will be focused mainly on the Weyerhaeuser road network with the intent to broaden experience, ensuring ongoing challenges, interest and contribution.
Grande Prairie's location provides an opportunity to work for a major forest products company while still enjoying all the amenities of a larger center. Grande Prairie is a vibrant city of approximately 65,000 people and has a wealth of nearby recreational opportunities, including one of the newest and largest fitness and recreation complexes in northern Alberta.
Key Responsibilities: * Providing safety leadership * Ensuring compliance with safety, contractual and environmental management systems * Maintaining positive stakeholder relations * Monitoring and management of roads, crossings and maintenance activities (including contractors) * Ensuring road use agreements are active * Follow up with any road non-compliances * Manage the permitting process during road bans * Coordinate road patrol activities * Field operationally specific questions from road users on a timely basis * Monitoring to ensure response time of maintenance activities is adequate * Coordination of snow removal and de-icing on Weyerhaeuser main corridors * Coordination of ice rock in cooperation with Weyerhaeuser staff
- Leadership in safety
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and develop effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to learn and work with the latest technology in support of business objectives
- Able to confront and follow up on outages
- A Registered Professional Forester or Professional Forest Technologist (not a requirement but an asset) About Timberlands We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. / Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Operations Forester - Road Maintenance
Location: CAN-AB-Grande Prairie
Requisition ID: 01012516