Weyerhaeuser Green Side Superintendent in Dierks, Arkansas
The Green Side Superintendent is a full-time, exempt position reports directly to the unit manager and is responsible for the safe coordination and oversight of the daily activities in the sawmill and log yard departments, which includes interfacing with the logging group and finishing department at the Lumber facility in Dierks, AR. This position is a key member of the Dierks leadership team. The successful candidate will be a safety role model with excellent team skills and a proven ability to lead and develop people.
The job includes, but not limited to the following duties:
Supervisory responsibilities include hiring, planning, scheduling and general supervision of work, evaluating job performance, and providing regular feedback and coaching for development of shift supervisors, as well as hourly production associates.
Coordinate the departmental safety processes and education to ensure a safe work environment.
Improves and maintains department performance according to set objectives and established goals for safety, quality, waste reduction, housekeeping and process reliability.
Provides leadership for process improvement, regular team meetings and safety; facilitates proactive problem-solving.
Responsible for accurate and timely production reporting.
· Bachelor's Degree in Forestry, Business or related field.
· Five or more years of Lumber manufacturing experience in a leadership position.
· Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set.
· Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices.
· Demonstrated track record of success in a complex and fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated ability in leading a team to achieve breakthrough results.
· Ability to generate commitment and motivate employees toward a common goal.
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows based programs and internet skills
· Must be able to accept and respond to after hour's calls, work weekends/holidays as needed.
· Working knowledge of business and financial concepts.
· Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals.
· Good understanding of business, financial and labor relations concepts.
· Able and willing to perform the essential job requirements such as working at heights, climbing stairs, working in extreme heat or cold, or working in confined/restricted spaces.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/ Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Green Side Superintendent
Requisition ID: 01012323