Weyerhaeuser Journey Level Mechanic in Longview, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Western Timberlands – Trucking operations in Longview, WA has an opening for an experienced diesel truck mechanic to perform diagnostic, repair and maintenance work on log trucks and other rolling stock (e.g. dump trucks, crew transportation vehicles, etc.). This is a full-time position: current schedule is Monday – Friday from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
We offer competitive hourly pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Starting wage rate is $24.55 (plus applicable shift differential). Hourly workforce is represented by the IAM-AW Union.
Key Functions: * This is a multi-craft maintenance position focused on the troubleshooting and repair of log trucks and light vehicles through basic mechanical and welding skills, which include: * The ability to effectively interface with drivers to quickly detect, diagnose and repair equipment failures, as well as contact or obtain any additional resources necessary to respond to identified maintenance needs. * Demonstrated proficiency in diesel engines, low voltage electricity, air conditioning, welding, gear trains, basic failure analysis and journeyman level mechanic skills. * A willingness to further develop the aforementioned skills, as well as new competencies as they are required to meet the maintenance needs of the operations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years relevant mechanic experience on diesel trucks (comparable education will be considered in conjunction with experience);
- Must be safety conscious; self-motivated, an effective team player, and able to organize and prioritize work.
- Must provide own personal tools of the trade.
- A valid Class A CDL is preferred. About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Journey Level Mechanic
Requisition ID: 01012359