Weyerhaeuser Millwright/Mechanical Maintenance Tech in Philadelphia, Mississippi
The Philadelphia, MS lumber manufacturing facility is looking for a skilled mechanical maintenance technician/millwright with a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of mechanical equipment, processes and techniques to repair, modify, install and maintain the facility’s high-tech lumber manufacturing equipment.
Company paid relocation is not available for this position.
The Philadelphia operation is a random length sawmill primarily producing lumber up to 20 feet in length with some specialty related capacity. Philadelphia, MS is located in east central Mississippi and filled with natural beauty and small-town charm. Whether you enjoy unique county fairs, resort entertainment, outdoor recreational activities, professional rodeos, golfing, historic landmarks or shopping, Neshoba County and Philadelphia, MS offer the best in recreation, relaxation, and entertainment.
Key Functions: * Machinery lubrications and other preventative maintenance assignments * Repairing and troubleshooting mechanical power transmissions * Bearing installment, coupling, belts, sprockets and chain driven installations * Repair and troubleshooting of pneumatic and hydraulic systems * Welding and metal fabrication * Basic principles of cylinder repair * Some troubleshooting and exposure to industrial electricity issues * Reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications
- Able to work safely and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Must be at least age 18
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Must have at least 4 years’ industrial mechanical maintenance/millwright experience OR equivalent combination of related education and/or maintenance/millwright experience
- Must personally complete the application process
- Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Able to work any shift, weekends, overtime, holidays as needed
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Ability to write legibly and communicate as necessary to accomplish tasks
- Able to complete mobile equipment training
- Able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours are required in order to perform the essential job functions.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Resume detailing your education and work history required The following qualifications are preferred:
- Hydraulic troubleshooting skills
- Industrial maintenance degree
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. **
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Millwright/Mechanical Maintenance Tech
Requisition ID: 01012310