Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Supervisor in Plymouth, North Carolina
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. We're looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards innovation. Our associates are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
The Maintenance Supervisor plans and leads the weekend activities of a team of millwrights, electricians and mechanics in the areas of safety, quality and maintenance for all equipment and buildings in order to meet the departmental and unit goals. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
*Key Functions * * The supervisor will plan, develop, manage and provide effective leadership for the weekend maintenance team through: * Ensuring the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns * Actively supervising and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across & between shifts and with the production teams * Utilizing preventive maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime * Efficiently using reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure uptime, production volume and quality goals are met * Effectively using training resources to maximize team technical skills * Using computer-based programs to support effective prioritization of maintenance requests, manage maintenance inventory, and delegate maintenance resources * The Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for: * Leading team meetings & training * Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues * Coordinating activities with production team to maximize productivity and minimize cost * Reducing waste and taking measures to proactively address all concerns. * Proactively resolving employee issues, building team work, and ensuring adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Able and willing to work the weekend shift Thursday - Monday
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a supervisory role in an industrial environment
- Work related experience in leading and ensuring compliance with safety initiatives
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching, development and instilling a continuous improvement mind-set
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, environmental, quality, productivity and people development
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows based programs and internet skills
The following qualifications are preferred: * Bachelor’s degree in a related field * Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical and PLC programming * Related certifications (e.g., CRL, CMRP, or Lubrication certifications) * Working knowledge of business and financial concepts * Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals * SAP experience About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. **
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01012355