Weyerhaeuser Business IT Manager – Northern Hardwoods and Canadian Timberlands in Seattle, Washington
The Business IT Manager role is an incredible opportunity for a curious, motivated individual to partner with both the Northern Hardwoods and Canadian Timberlands teams to apply innovation in technology to help shape the future of our business. It is a rewarding position as your efforts will contribute to the near and long-term success of our business. You will have the chance to work with team members from across the business and IT ranging from senior leaders to people in operations.
To be successful in the role, the candidate will need to have a passion for understanding how technology is evolving (such as information systems, analytics, drones, autonomous vehicles, mobility, etc.) and have the desire to develop a thorough understanding of how the business operates today. This includes possessing strong business acumen and the interest to understand strategic goals, business plans, opportunities and issues. The role of the Business IT Manager is to work with the businesses to develop both strategic and tactical plans to incorporate technology to address current challenges and to revolutionize the way we will do business going forward.
The Business IT Manager will also help Northern Hardwoods and Canadian Timberlands remain engaged in broader company initiatives that might impact these businesses. The position requires strong leadership and engagement to establish effective communication and interaction with key business and IT stakeholders to ensure alignment of IT services to business objectives. The successful candidate will be innovative and bring great ideas to make our partners’ initiatives better; an intellectually curious advisor (not order taker) who focuses on outcomes to creatively solve business problems; one who not only embraces change, but helps to drive it as well.
The successful candidate will be expected to: * Be an active and continuous learner on the technology front – a leader of technical innovation. * Partner with the business to innovate and drive continuous improvement as well as step shift change enabled by technology solutions focused on business value. * Actively participate and collaborate within the Northern Hardwoods and Canadian Timberlands business lead teams. * Build relationships across the Northern Hardwoods, Canadian Timberlands and IT. * Communicate business strategy to IT team members. * Align IT initiatives with business vision and strategy as well as enterprise IT goals. * Lead opportunity development, discern true requirements and assist with alternative analysis including process changes, use of existing technologies, and new technologies. * Apply risk/value techniques and business analysis expertise to determine the relative importance, priority and contribution of value specific technology opportunities. * Lead projects or initiatives to achieve business outcomes. * Define success criteria and metrics to monitor and drive performance of IT and IT solutions. * Influence key stakeholders, team members and peers not in your direct control, to design and deliver optimal solutions in line with the best interest and expectation of the Timberlands business. * Model “use” of technology and share learnings.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years of work experience and a demonstration of progression in work responsibilities.
- 3 years of proven leadership in technology or strategy implementation
- Demonstrated leadership skills including people development.
- Strong knowledge of business process, supply chain or GIS, preferable in the timberlands or natural resources industry.
- Willingness to travel approximately 35% of the time.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business value and process improvement, communicate strategies, and champion adoption to achieve desired results.
- Ability to quickly build and manage IT and business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge and experience partnering with business stakeholders, operations and technical professionals.
- Experience in leading a team through detailed process development, requirement analysis, planning, reporting and tracking. Emphasis on managing user expectations, dealing with conflicting requests, and determining the true business problem or value statement.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations to solve a variety of problems using sound reason to reach conclusions.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, balancing a wide variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strategically strong, results oriented and strives for continuous improvement. Demonstrates innovation and searches for what is possible. Able to apply concepts from different industries and fields to the timberlands business.
- Knowledge and passion for technology solutions, new technologies and technology trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, facilitation, negotiation and business skills required.
- Strong remote working capabilities; voice, video and web conferencing, instant messaging and other online collaboration tools. About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Business IT Manager – Northern Hardwoods and Canadian Timberlands
Requisition ID: 01012398