Weyerhaeuser Internal Auditor in Seattle, Washington
You are an audit professionalwho wants to grow your career with a truly great company. You have the drive to make a difference, provide value, and have great judgement. You’re adept at strategizing and just as eager to get the work done. You love to collaborate, but also enjoy working alone when needed. You’re a curious, determined, action-oriented person, who is motivated to achieve excellence. Are you ready to join us?
In this role,you will have a unique opportunity to see first-hand the financial and operational activities performed in our different business segments. With visibility of the entire company, you can make an immediate impact by delivering independent, objective, risk-based assurance that provides value to management and the Board of Directors.
We are a dynamic, well-respected teamthat has a strong reputation established and maintained by knowledgeable team members who deliver timely assurance, identify process improvement opportunities in support of stakeholders, and have great relationships with company leaders and team members built by taking the time to understand their businesses and clearly communicate with candor to provide meaningful feedback and recommendations.
Primary Responsibilities * You will be executing and delivering audits with limited oversight. Meaningful financial and operational findings and recommendations are prepared using professional judgement that provides reasonable assurance and value to audit contacts and their leaders. * Business contacts from across the company value your feedback and will look to you for risk management and internal control guidance. Communication with people inside and outside of the team is professionally delivered; new tools and techniques are identified and shared with other team members.
- *Experience: * 0 to 2 years’ experience as an internal or external auditor and the ability to walkthrough and document processes, identify risks, evaluate control activities, and assess results.
- *Education: *Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting, Finance, or IT field required; Master’s degree of Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- *Certification: *Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred, or other related accreditations (e.g., Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other related accreditation).
- *Accounting & Audit: *Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting concepts and procedures; familiar with auditing and control practices.
- *Systems: *Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; skills with SAP, PeopleSoft, Access, Assert, and/or Visio (or similar) preferred.
- *Communication & Confidence: *Strong verbal and written skills; can communicate the “so what” message to all levels of an organization. Demonstrated ability to write procedures and issues in clear and concise manners. Able to stand firm on non-negotiable positions when necessary. Demonstrated ability to facilitate a variety of presentations – one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and management. Projects and recommendations are delivered with confidence; takes ownership of projects and results.
- Team Work: Supports others without being asked for help; solid team player; knows how to win together.
- Analytics & Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis to identify trends and patterns of data. Ability to identify potential issues and develop recommendations based on analysis and critical thinking/reasoning skills. Attention to detail and an ability to focus on the big picture. Adept at using sound reasoning to reach conclusions. Demonstrated ability to solve a variety of complex problems in the absence of technical guidelines or precedents. Offers meaningful recommendations that address the root cause rather than symptoms.
- *Interpersonal Skills & Ethics: *Demonstrates integrity and strong ethical behavior. Builds trust with others through personal authenticity and follow-through on commitments. Actively listens and builds rapport with others. Open and collegial work style with ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views and collaborate with others.
- *Judgement: *Demonstrates professional judgement to operate in gray areas and provide recommendations to make difficult decisions.
- *Project Management & Organization: *Process-oriented, highly organized, and effective with time management, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining critical attention to detail.
- Client Service: Customer-service oriented and track record of positive feedback and demonstrated ability to provide excellent service to stakeholders.
- *Travel: *Ability and willingness to travel between 10 and 15 percent of the year during site visits to our manufacturing and operating facilities.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ *M
Job: *Accounting & Finance
Title: Internal Auditor
Requisition ID: 01012184